G.O.A.T. Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hay feeders

2 posters

Go down

Hay feeders Empty Hay feeders

Post by Thefunnyfarm Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:38 am

What has everyone found to be the best kind of feeder? I was thinking of trying a bag feeder? I'd like to try And get a little less waste Wink wishful thinking i know

Thefunnyfarm

Back to top Go down

Hay feeders Empty Re: Hay feeders

Post by LivinWright Farm Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:50 pm

We make our own out of cheap or scrap lumber... much cheaper than buying one from Tractor Supply or any place like that.

The key is to make a catch shelf/ bin below the actual hay holder when trying to stop them from wasting so much of the hay. A couple pieces of 2x4 and a piece of plywood is all you will need. Just make sure to angle the catch shelf/ bin and make sure that when it is at the appropriate angle, the top edge of it comes out beyond the feeder by a couple inches. This way, as they pull hay out, and that will drop down, will do so into the catch shelf/ bin. Wink
LivinWright Farm
LivinWright Farm
Admin

http://livinwrightfarm.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefunnyfarm Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Great idea!! My husband built our large outdoor feeder but I wanted some in the houses! Time for him to get to work!! P.S. I tried a bag feeder before reading the post and my boys had way more fun chewing the bag and trying to get it out in the yard!!

Thefunnyfarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum